I've been trying to make CDI's for Rhea and can't seem to get them to work. I've tried CUE/BINs from Redump and TOSEC. I mount the CUE/BIN with Alcohol 52% then use DiscJuggler 6 to create a CDI. When it's finished, I try mounting the newly created CDI and it locks Windows Explorer and I'm forced to turn off my PC and turn it back on.
Then I came across a torrent that had CDIs ready for Rhea. I downloaded part of the torrent and tried mounting those CDIs. They mount just fine.
Curious if anyone has a working process for creating CDIs for Rhea from CUE/BINs.
I tried uninstalling Alcohol 52% Free Edition and installed Daemon Tools Lite 10. Same results. I think the problem is with DiscJuggler. I'm running Windows 10. Does DiscJuggler have issues with Windows 10 maybe?
Just used the IE11 on Windows 7 image in VirtualBox. Using Daemon Tools Lite 4.46.1 and DiscJuggler 6, I was able to mount Amok (USA).cue (from Redump) and then create a CDI image. The newly created CDI mounted just fine and I was able to double-check it based on CDI from the torrent I downloaded. The CDI from the torrent and my CDI were identical.
So DiscJuggler on Windows 10 is the problem. A month ago I wouldn't have had this problem since I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 (on both my machines) right after Christmas.
That's odd because Discjuggler worked fine for me the last time I tried, on windows 10 with daemon tools lite. Something may have changed since the anniversary update though.
Either way, you don't need it. Use CD Manipulator, it's open source and it can generate a clonecd compatible image which works perfectly fine with Rhea - at most you need to rename the cdm file to ccd.
Yeah I'd definitely not recommend Daemon Tools any more, I just removed it here and the machine is working a lot better. I had CD drives showing up when there shouldn't be any and all sorts of random bad behaviour.
I had issues with it when creating my USB stick for use with USB-GDROM too so it's definitely not creators update that caused the bugs.
Alcohol 120%/52% seems to use almost exact same CD/DVD emulation so that could explain why that's gash too.
Anyway, UltraISO and/or CD Manipulator got you covered.
I guess if you had DiscJuggler installed and then updated to Windows 10 it's fine. It's installing DiscJuggler after updating to Windows 10 that people are saying is the problem, which is what I did.
I did not have it installed prior to upgrading. The problem is getting it installed in Windows 10 because of a bug in the installer, once you do get it installed it works fine. The problem is Daemon Tools.
I'm either going to use the CCD/IMG/SUB from the Trurip set if the game's available, or create the CDIs in my Windows 7 virtual machine if it's not in the Trurip set.
Or use either of the two programs that we've recommended to you here that require no virtual machines or CD/DVD emulation software?
UltraISO doesn't mount discs in a way that every application can read it. CD Manipulator and SSF both can't access it. Gizmo Drive and WinCDEmu have the same problem. OSFMount locks up and requires a forced reboot when trying to mount cue sheets. Virtual Clone Drive can't mount cue sheets. Alcohol 52% doesn't seem to have a functional installer anywhere, they all lead to a malware site. Same for Alcohol 120% for that matter.
That leaves Daemon Tools as the only option. Which is sad, because they keep screwing it up more and more. The last v4 branch worked on my machine perfectly, without issues, but after Win10 Anniversary Update it refuses to install. The latest version of Daemon Tools Lite (v10) more or less works, but sometimes the tray icon decides to crash for no reason when clicking it.
For just creating CCDs, the "Convert" option in Ultraiso seems to work, but when trying to convert Nights, it produced a ccd that did not boot in Rhea (Nights is a game with two data tracks - other games with one data track may work this way).
It seems to me that Daemon Tools (Lite) is the only option that actually works at all. It's a shame they keep developing it backwards.